Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Today's Mindless Fluff Courtesy of Me.*

I wish my hair would grow faster. After having had long hair for years, I chopped it into an "accidental" bob last spring found it refreshing and liberating. But now with the sudden snow (my God, couldn't it have waited at least for another month??!) I'm missing the long hair that would keep me warm around my neck. I suppose my hair is getting longer, but I'm just impatient.

I'd love it if my hair would look like this girl's:


My length's getting there, but I'd just need to tame the frizz down, or my  "Rat's Nest", as D likes to call it 
(he sure knows how to tease me!)

________________________________________________________________

How incredibly exciting! My fave artists Kozy and Dan have new items in their shop! I've loved their artwork for years (still waiting to frame that print I got last spring...) and I'm so excited to see their work translated into these:
Artwork on pillows! (I have the Bunny Blossom print on my wall)

Bookends based on Hokusai's classic Japanese Wood Block print "The Great Wave Off Kanagawa."    
* all images from KozynDan

Hmm...I rarely ever ask for anything for Christmas, but these just might be on my list this year, heh heh...

_________________________________________________________________

Went to see Never Let Me Go at the Garneau with Shawna. I'd read the book a few years back, so certain details were hazy for me, but I thought they did a good job adapting it. I do always maintain however, that there's nothing better than the original material itself.
_________________________________________________________________

Rather than concentrating on getting a pair of sensible shoes (funny how that sounds. I picture a pair of brown orthopedic shoes) for the winter (read: ice, snow, more snow, ice), I'm dreaming of these:

Rubber sole, faux shearling-lined...why can't this be a sensible shoe for the winter??    
_________________________________________________________________

I didn't care much to see this at the time, but after casually tuning into a preview for it while watching a movie at home, I am intrigued by this dapper young gentleman:

Alessandro Nivola  

He looks entirely different in real life. Witness:
Good God Audrey, you slay me with your looks.

Nonetheless, I'm convinced I have to watch it:



* and no apologies for it either!

No comments: