Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cure for a sore throat:

 Mix salt with warm water.
Gargle.
Repeat a few more times.
Drink hot tea with crushed fresh ginger. Add slice of lemon or honey to taste if desired.
Gargle again with warm salt water mix at the first feeling of sore throat.

A nurse gave me that advice last year, and I have since used it many times with perfect results. You can't just do one without the other. Fresh ginger and salt are powerful sore throat combat agents!

__________________________________________________________________________




Inspired by this post on Design*Sponge, I went to Laurel's on Whyte to get a few of these lovely kale-like flowers (called brassica, by the way). I love their hardiness, color, and texture. Read the post to see how to transform a modest arrangement into an unlikely grouping of colors to make a beautiful full-on bouquet!
______________________________________________________________________

Anyone already waiting for the weekend to come with impatience? I can't believe it's only Tuesday.


I wish I was at home with my table looking like this:

Oh how I miss the churros in Spain!



No comments: