Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

+ Cornmaze with the family. Thought Eva would love it, but turned out she was more interested in her sugar cookie from Wild Earth (lovely little things, so cute for kids). I kept trying to remind her about her love for Labyrinth , but she was too engrossed in trying to pick the corn.

+ slept, ate, slept, repeat. Glorious.

+ Thanksgiving dinner with D's family. Always a good time. Their family dynamics are so different from mine, and so much more relaxed and refreshing. 

+ saw Broken Social Scene at Winspear Saturday night. My first time seeing them, but Sonnia's third. We both agreed they put on a great show. Loved Fire Eye'd Boy live! The plethora of plaid or striped shirts, dark skinny jeans, artfully mussed up hair, and beards gave us an indication that we were indeed in Hipsterland. "Somebody save me!" I said.

+ Sonn and I finally hit up Moriarty's and though we were impressed with the food and ambiance, the service was lacking. Mulitple groups of people for dinner + only 3 servers on a Saturday night = waiting a long time for more water, clearing of plates, and about 30 minutes to pay the bill. Poor servers doing their best, but still, a little apology over the wait time wouldn't have hurt.


Now, back to work.
*groan.

3 comments:

Suze said...

re:hipsers
check out M's and office-mate's hipster blog - www.citizenhipster.com

M Plamondon said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving! Glad to see you had a great long weekend hipster and all! Hahaha! Still haven't been to the cornmaze. One of the things I really would like to do with the boys.

Ellen said...

@ Suze:

Hey! Good to see you're commenting. I LOVE M's blog, btw! It's absolutely hilarious. I laughed out loud at some of the photos. Next time I'm in TO I want to meet M!

@ Momo:

Happy Belated Gobble Gobble to you too! Hope you had a relaxing time. The cornmaze wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, but they do have it open till 9PM and I can only imagine how scary it can be to find your way in the dark...definitely not for scaredy-pants me... Cornmaze opens until 16th (this Saturday), but I think they have a Halloween feature too.