Last weekend was full of beautiful weather, bright sunshine, and belated birthday celebrations. Having been busy for the past month or so, I missed out on two of my dearest friend's birthdays and I was determined to make up for it. D and I met up with Heather and Ben for birthday drinks at Culina. I must say that I am so happy with my new apartment and how close I am to such a lovely restaurant. I had never been to Culina before, and now I know why it has been lauded so in the past! Great cozy atmosphere, friendly service, and fantastic food. We shared a bottle of wine and some tidbits to eat. I will highly recommend the patatas bravas. Very tasty indeed. (PS: Don't you love the way Ben's admiring his darling wife?)
Not our best photo, I'll admit :)
The weather was so gorgeous this past weekend that I walked everywhere and explored my new neighborhood. It's been a few years since I'd lived near Whyte Ave, so I'm experiencing it all over again. I met up with Sonnia for a belated, belated, belated birthday dinner on Sunday, and on our way back from the restaurant, we saw some bags full of CDs, DVDs, and VHS tapes in the dumpster of my apartment building! Normally I have reservations about dumpster diving, but this was too good to miss out on. The bags weren't dirty and they were full of music from bands I listened to in high school and university. I scored a few good albums and was pretty astounded as to why there would be such a stash in the dumpster. Sonnia took a look at the stuff and declared it to be a bad break up. After assessing the goods, I agreed. There were Tori Amos, Ani DiFranco CDs mixed in with Pearl Jam and NIN. Then there were the shampoo bottles and a yoga mat. Hmm...disgruntled boyfriend who hastily cleaned out his ex's stuff while she was out of the apartment?
I have a great photo of Sonnia and the GIANT CUPCAKE CAKE I had waiting for her in my fridge, but since I didn't ask her for permission to post it, I'll save it for when I do.
Happy belated birthday again to my two dearest friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment