Wednesday, April 28, 2010

After D showed me the "trailer" for Neil Gaiman's latest book, Instructions, I knew I had to get it. After patiently waiting for it to be released (it was available yesterday), D let me know that he'd picked up a copy for me. I can't wait to hold it in my hands, open it, and touch the pages.



(*Yes, I'm a book nerd. Yes, I know books aren't as good for the environment as one of those new-fangled Kindles are, but nothing beats opening a book and feeling it in your hands, whether it's the weight of it, the glossiness (or the roughness) of the pages, or even just the smell of it!)


Instructions follows a "Man-Cat" and his sidekick kitty on an adventure in the fantasy/fairy tale world. Gaiman gives specific instructions on how to deal with situations and characters when they arise. If you watch the trailer, you can listen to Neil Gaiman read his book and fall in love with the beautiful animated illustrations.



It's a wonderful story and one I will pass onto my niece for her upcoming birthday.

No comments: