Monday, December 13, 2010

Family Band Obsession

I've discovered a new band and a new artist who I admire so much. If only I could have an ounce of her artistic ability...I think I may have a new-found "girl crush".


Kim Krans is a New York-based artist talented in watercolors and sketching. Kim and her husband Jonny Ollsin have an illustration business called The Wild Unknown where you'll find delicately rendered sketches of wild animals amongst beautifully hand-lettered lyrics on a calendar.  I'm tempted to get a copy of their Best Lyrics Ever calendar myself.
Year of Feathers 2011 calendar 


Best Lyrics Ever 2011 calendar




Besides running their own business, Kim and Jonny have a  band as well, know n as Family Band.  (go to the Music section to stream and BUY their albums!!)  I discovered their music last month and I have to say that it put me in a bit of a trance at first. I love the dark folky, almost medieval sound of the guitars, mixed with the clear hypnotic voice of Kim. I couldn't get enough of their music and I still can't get enough.If only they would come to Edmonton for a show!



PS: Due to an early Xmas party at D's parents' place this past weekend, I think I just might finally have a touch of the Holiday Fever. Maybe I'll get a tree for my apartment after all. What do you think, D?

No comments: