An interesting thing happened in Walmart the other day while I was with my 14 year old sister. As we walked through the aisles scouring for a toy doctor's kit for my niece's birthday, I suddenly took note of the song blasting through the speakers.
"Hey Karen, do you remember this song?"
A blank look on my sister's face. She shook her head.
The song is at least 10 years old, but since my sister loves listening to pop/dance/hip hop music, I thought she would've recognized this one for sure.
"Are you kidding? C'mon, it's Gettin' Jiggy Wit It! You know, Will Smith??!"
Another blank look, accompanied by another shake of her head. Although she knows Will Smith, she had no clue about the song.
I suddenly felt very old.
The funny thing is, I used to laugh at my older sister for her taste in music. She loved nothing better than to listen to Easy Rock 104.9 and I would laugh whenever some cheesy 90's love song came on the radio and she started to sing along to it (Chicago, anyone? Ha!). But now I find myself loving Joe FM! I can't believe it. Now it's my little sister's turn to laugh at me whenever I start singing to Sophie B. Hawkins...man oh man, I'm officially old! :)
PS: Never really listened to Audioslave before, but I'm really digging Like A Stone at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment