Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Blink

Today I realized that sometimes it's just better to let some things go. It's not worth it to hang onto feelings that will only cause me to get upset because in the whole scheme of things, other things are just more important. It's true when they say time flies--it was my 10 year high school reunion a couple of weeks ago, one of my aunts is soon celebrating a landmark birthday (to me she will always be forever young!), and my little sister is heading into the moody teen years...it's all coming too fast and I know that in no time at all I will be looking in the mirror and saying Holy crap, I'm 60 years old. A little cliche, I know, but life is too short to be holding onto grudges and bad feelings. Instead, I will smile and think of all the blessings I have in my life. I will try to breathe, relax, and take things easy.

No comments: