It happens every year: my infatuation with summer wanes and I start looking forward to autumn. This isn't something entirely my own as I know I'm not the only one to feel this way. As much as I love attending summer festivals (Hello, The Fringe, anyone? It's truly one of my favorites) in light sundresses, I'm beginning to yearn for the dark golden colors of fall, a warm scarf around my neck, and baking in the kitchen again.
While I may crave sushi and watermelon bubble teas on a hot day, I'm really looking forward to savory soups like this one. And did I mention baking again? On days where the temperature soars and the apartment feels muggy, I don't feel like being in the kitchen with the oven on. But when the wind whips outside and there's a nip in the air, the warmth of the oven is a deep comfort. I'm going to be ambitious and try making cinnamon buns this season. We shall see how that goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment