If you read this post, you'll understand how much I've been struggling to quit coffee altogether. My reason? I don't like the way coffee makes my stomach feel. As much as I love the taste and aroma of a strong dark roast, I can't allow my stomach to feel the way it does after a delicious cup of coffee. I've been drinking coffee for years, but it's time to treat my body better and give it up, no matter how hard it is.
...And it certainly has been difficult! I fell off the wagon yesterday and succumbed to a small shot of espresso. My logic was that it was a small amount but with enough caffeine strength to take away the caffeine withdrawal headache. I tell you, as soon as the dark liquid dribbled onto my tongue, I was in heaven. I closed my eyes and reveled in the taste and aroma as the espresso sent sparks down my tongue. It felt like a drug and I was ecstatic. But of course, eventually the espresso found its way to my stomach and the familiar feeling of discomfort set in. I was then vexed with myself for giving into my craving.
Today however, my mind is surprisingly the clearest it has ever been since I stopped drinking coffee. I've been having green and oolong tea steadily these past few days, but only today do I feel like my brain is back to normal. I have been suffering a fuzzy mind lately, so today is a welcome change and it makes me more motivated to keep on this decision of mine. The only struggle now is to ignore the delicious scent of coffee every time I visit a coffeehouse with a friend. I'll be sticking with chai or a London Fog. Anyone want to go to Remedy with me?
...And it certainly has been difficult! I fell off the wagon yesterday and succumbed to a small shot of espresso. My logic was that it was a small amount but with enough caffeine strength to take away the caffeine withdrawal headache. I tell you, as soon as the dark liquid dribbled onto my tongue, I was in heaven. I closed my eyes and reveled in the taste and aroma as the espresso sent sparks down my tongue. It felt like a drug and I was ecstatic. But of course, eventually the espresso found its way to my stomach and the familiar feeling of discomfort set in. I was then vexed with myself for giving into my craving.
Today however, my mind is surprisingly the clearest it has ever been since I stopped drinking coffee. I've been having green and oolong tea steadily these past few days, but only today do I feel like my brain is back to normal. I have been suffering a fuzzy mind lately, so today is a welcome change and it makes me more motivated to keep on this decision of mine. The only struggle now is to ignore the delicious scent of coffee every time I visit a coffeehouse with a friend. I'll be sticking with chai or a London Fog. Anyone want to go to Remedy with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment