I spent Sunday morning cleaning a bit of the apartment, well, mainly the bathroom. Out of all the things I hate cleaning the most, it is the toilet. Gross. But do you want to know what's even more gross? Is when you're scrubbing inside the toilet with the toilet brush and the water splashes into your face and a spray goes into your nose. In my haste to blow out the disgusting water, I dropped the toilet brush, which then landed onto the bathmat. It certainly wasn't my day, it seemed.
But what made me better was listening to Morrissey's Bona Drag and Viva Hate all weekend. How I missed listening to this marvelous man when I was young is beyond me. I'm grateful to D for introducing Morrissey and The Smiths to me! (D has been an avid fan since his teens and sings along all the time. It's very sweet.)
I am particularly fond of "Everyday is Like Sunday", which is his best known solo single. As I looked out the window on Sunday and saw nothing but piles of white snow under a depressing sky, it only seemed fitting when I heard:
Everyday is like Sunday
Everyday is silent and grey
But then I put on the awesome song "I Don't Mind If You Forget Me" and danced away inside my head. One of these days I'll push aside my shyness and dance in front of D, just like how I used to dance in front of my little sister, Karen.

1 comment:
I wouldn't mind getting a coke slush right now.. =) I think I've only had that dirty toilet water on my face but for sure not up my nose.......
Post a Comment