Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Perfectly Handmade (and not by me...*sigh)

A cowl scarf, fingerless mittens, and warm "Elfish" slippers
I received these 3 lovely items from D's mom this past Christmas. A master knitter, D's mom is absolutely amazing. She crafts thoughtful, gorgeous, whimsical items almost everyday and I love receiving anything she makes for me.



I'm always amazed at whatever she produces. The detail she puts into her work is something to be admired, and I especially love her bright colors. I don't have any pictures of the other projects she's been working on lately, but Mrs.P (haha. I never call her that, but for the sake of anonymity, she's Mrs. P) loves bright colors and funky styles. She even knit me a "coffee cozy"! (same idea as a tea cozy, only for the fantastic French press she got me and D. What a sweet lady.)

But the thing I love the most are the "Elf" slippers she made me. I never told her my shoe size, but the slippers fit me perfectly.


I have to practically force myself not to prance around like an elf when I wear these :)  They keep my feet warm...so perfect for this drafty apartment.

1 comment:

M Plamondon said...

She's amazing!! Those slippers are so perfect.