Eva:
charming, funny, precocious, intelligent, energetic, lovely, musical, logical, compassionate, creative, artistic, spunky, beautiful.
Spent time this weekend with my niece and nephew. Eva wasted no time getting creative with her modeling clay and coloring markers. She never fails to amaze me. Can you believe she sculpted this flower petal by petal? How much more dexterous can a nearly 4 year old be?


Marco, on the other hand, was playing as most 9 month olds do. Although he has a myriad of toys, Marco is just as content with pulling off his socks or banging a Tupperware lid against the box. He’s starting to make sounds as though he’s trying to talk, and I’m excited to watch his development. I wonder what his first word will be? I’ve been trying to train him to say auntie in Chinese…
D and I went down to Hawrelak park for the Winter Skate festival. It had been such a long time since I’d skated, but I didn’t fare too badly. It was fun skating around the park. I was so happy to be outside and not stuck in an indoor rink. The ice and snow sculptures looked especially interesting with the colored lights shone on them. Unfortunately my camera died, so I have no pictures.
It was particularly chilly on Saturday night, so after a few more rounds of skating we packed ourselves up and went for dinner at Remedy. The last time I’d been there was when I was in uni, so I had remembered a different sort of menu. I’m not sure how long it’s been under new ownership, but I was pleasantly surprised at the food they have to offer there. D had just recently visited the place, so for the past week I had been hearing nothing but enthusiastic raves over their chana masala wrap. After settling down at the counter, our chai arrived. I was still chilled from skating, so I eagerly wrapped my cold hands around the steaming mug. One sip and I was in heaven! The chai was amazing. D and I ordered vegetarian samosas and they came out crisp, hot, and wonderfully spiced. I was particularly in love with the sauce they gave us. Instead of the usual sticky sweet mango chutney you’ll find at most Indian places, we were presented with a thin tamarind sauce with just a hint of cinnamon.Yum, yum, delish! We didn’t have to wait long before our wraps came out. D was practically salivating over his chana masala wrap and I was eyeing my palak paneer wrap as soon as I had finished my last bite of crispy samosa. I don’t think I need to tell you that the palak paneer was fantastic. I gobbled it up and loved every bite of the creamy paneer. Unfortunately, I was too full to finish the other half of my wrap, but D happily took it home for lunch the next day. All in all, a great meal in a great place. The portions were huge (chai imcluded!), flavorful, and reasonably priced. Get out to Remedy if you can! (The next time I’m there I’ll be trying one of their beers. Looking at the beer cooler, you’re bound to be impressed with the selection.)
PS: Happy belated Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day. Last weekend was such a flurry of dinners etc., that I'm too lazy to post about them. But I hope you all had a great time :)



No comments:
Post a Comment