Friday, February 26, 2010

I just might take a weekend for myself...

When I'm not running myself ragged with multiple jobs and other things going on, I love dreaming about what I would do with some spare time. Right now, at this moment, I dream about sleeping in, lying in bed with a good book/magazine/movie on portable DVD player and sipping a mug of strong, sweet mochaccino, and then pondering what I'll do with myself for the rest of the day between bites of crispy, buttery toast. When I dream about free time, I look at the spare bedroom/study/soon-to-be studio and think about moving things around and redecorating it until it becomes the room where I can let my creativity loose and lose all sense of time as I cut, paste, and make my paper art...

I get inspired so much by these two amazing sites: Apartment Therapy and Design Sponge's DIY . I just love Design Sponge. They have such great ideas and equally simple instructions. I love the range of projects they cover and the fact that they've added a recipes section too.

Just wait until I get my hands on some Time. Then I will hie me out to gather supplies and cloister myself in my little house to re-do, recycle, and redecorate everything until I feel satisfied. I'm pretty happy for the most part, with some aspects of my house, but I still feel the kitchen, bathroom, and flooring needs some work. And especially the spare bedroom! I recently ordered some prints from these fantastic artists Kozy and Dan Kitchens, but have yet to find frames for them. I'm just waiting until they bring out this piece again. It's hilarious.

Cheers from the land of dormant creativity,
Me

No comments: