Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Winter Festivals

We’ve been having mild weather lately and it’s been nice. I hate to start off my post with yet another mention about the weather, but living where I do, the weather can really affect your mood. I’ve been pretty content lately with not having to bundle up as much and, coupled with the bits of sunshine through the clouds, the past week has been great. D and I took my niece to the Byzantine Winter Festival last weekend. We were a bit worried at first because Eva had caught a bad cold and had spent a sleepless night with a fever, so we weren’t sure if she was going to be well enough to go. But we checked in with her and sure enough, after a tablet of children’s Tylenol and promises of face painting and balloon animals, my niece was up and ready to go! It was a smaller festival than I had thought, but the community spirit was high and the effort commendable. We enjoyed looking at the ice sculptures, live entertainment, and free hot chocolate. Eva chose the pink butterfly for her face and politely requested for a pink flower for a balloon animal.




It was fun taking her to the festival, and she really enjoyed herself. I wanted to get her excited about more festivals, so we took her (AND Baby Marco this time) to Ice on Whyte, a festival featuring ice sculptures. We were joined by Heather and Ben, and their darling little girl Elise. Eva and Elise have played together before, and were looking forward to seeing each other again. It was a great time.






(too bad Ben's holding the camera!)

No comments: