Saturday, October 03, 2009


Fall is officially here. After experiencing the season in other countries, I really have to say that nothing compares to autumn in Canada. The air is brisk, the leaves turn such lovely colors, and although it's a struggle to get out of my warm bed in the mornings, I don't regret it at all once I step into the clear air. I love how the sun shines on the golden leaves and warms up the air in the afternoons. It's all so beautiful and at once familiar as I watch students of all ages board buses to school; the old "back to school" feeling never fails to make me feel nostalgic. I love seeing bright orange pumpkins in supermarkets and scarecrow decorations, and knowing that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Squashes, apple cider, hot chocolate, and thick warm sweaters to get cozy and warm in...I'm just in love with fall.

No comments: