I'm surrounded by warm, lively people, my family, beautiful castles and cathedrals, good food and pastries, but still I find myself missing Japan very much. Is it the culture I miss, or is it the carefree life I used to have that makes me long for Japan? A part of me knows that I have romanticized certain aspects of life in Japan, but I also know that Japan has left an indelible footprint in my heart. I hope to make my way back there some day, but I know that for now I must look forward and seize all the opportunities that come my way.
I've been out walking
I don't do too much talking
These days, these days.
These days I seem to think a lot
About the things that I forgot to do
And all the times I had the chance to.
I've stopped my rambling,
I don't do too much gambling
These days, these days.
These days I seem to think about
How all the changes came about my ways
And I wonder if I'll see another highway.
-Nico, "These Days"
No comments:
Post a Comment