
Dear Transient Lifestyle,
Sometimes I wish I never met you.
It’s been about two years now, but still I can’t decide whether or not I love you or hate you.
You’ve been beneficial, but somewhat unhealthy for a girl like me.
Through you, I have grown positively as a person, but admittedly so, I have also learned many negative things since meeting you.
I hate you for allowing me to make so many good friends, only to take them away from me eventually.
I hate you for being so brief.
I entered this relationship with the understanding that I would have to pull the plug eventually on all things I would encounter.
But my foolish sentimental heart can’t seem to grasp the rules of which our relationship is governed by.
I know it’s not all your fault.
It’s not you, it’s me.
We’ve all heard that before.
But in this case it really is true.
I wish I was stronger.
I wish I was tough.
In some ways you have taught me how, but I can never really learn how to let go.
I’m all mush on the inside.
In the end though, I’m not sorry that I met you.
You’ve opened my eyes.
And for that, I thank you.
* * * * * * * ****************************************************************
Another person will occupy this space
Folding up the sheets and placing them in the same old closet
Another head will hit the pillow and make different indents
The walls will see different things and whisper amongst themselves
I will miss you.
**************************************************************
The leaver's conference was this week.
My decision not to re-contract stands.
No comments:
Post a Comment