Being a January baby, my parents always told me and my siblings that I was found in snow, as opposed to my brother being found in the garbage dump in the back alleys of Saigon, and my sister was bought from a lady at the fish market. That’s why, my parents concluded, my complexion is so pale, in comparison to the “swarthiness” of my siblings. At this point, you must be thinking how crazy my parents are, but then again, that shouldn’t be anything new to you! :P So since I was born in January, you would think that I like the stuff, but on the contrary, I do not. It’s cold, it’s annoying, and it’s cumbersome to maneuver in. Upon awakening this morning, I pulled aside the curtains and was greeted with a shower of snow drifting from the grey sky. Great, I thought, another crappy day for school. Motivation to go to school: NIL. No wonder it was so cold last night, as I lay huddled under my layers of blankets, a Nalgene bottle filled with hot water clutched to my chest.
I’m at my badass school today. At this school, I have the advantage of being seated so that I face a row of big paned windows. Daydreaming as per usual (and doing my fair share of slacking, bien sur), I gazed out the windows and was pleasantly surprised to find myself entranced by the snow floating outside. Slowly and softly drifting down from the sky, looking much like a waltz, the snowflakes were dancing, highlighted by a few golden rays of sun from a sky no longer drab and grey.
It was beautiful.
The waltz, however, has ended, and the sky has once again closed up the sun, but I am left with a feeling of happiness, for I had occasion to witness such splendor only minutes ago.
Right.
I just had to get that off my chest.
I wish I had taken a photo of it to show you.
1 comment:
I'm glad to hear SOMEONE is getting snow! We've been snowless for so long! It's unnatural!
Post a Comment