Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I just need a few more weeks...

WARNING: a deluge of pics will follow this post. Sorry!

Ok. So as the typhoon rages outside, I sit here reminiscing about sunny Spain and how nice it is over there. It was my first time there and I am so glad I had the opportunity to go. I had a really good time there—lots of eating, lounging, and relaxing. I arrived in Barcelona first, where my sister, Hector, and my brother picked me up. We spent 2 days there and basically went sightseeing. At the Goudy park we saw Calista Flockhart (NO, Harrison Ford wasn't with her...) , where she declined to have a photo taken with us. Understandable, she was on vacation with her family. She was really nice about it.

Then we drove back to Zaragoza where Hector lives and we spent the remainder of our time there. It was Pilar Festival week, so many people didn't have to work and there were nothing but festivities all week. We went to 2 carnivals/fairs and 2 bullfights, and just had a rocking good time.

It was so nice to have my whole family together once more. I really hadn’t seen my sister Annie since last Christmas!I really missed my parents, my brother, and little Karen. You should have seen me at the airport--Hector's dad Javier handed me a tissue. Man, I'm emotional! I can't wait to see them again in December. Annie's and Hector's friends arrived later and I got to know them better.

It was great to see my sister get married. I had a couple of near crying incidences, but
I tried to keep it in. Hector is so nice and they are so good together. His family is also so warm and giving and it makes me happy to see my sister so happy. I can’t believe I have a brother-in-law!! It’s so weird to think that…and to call him that! The entire ceremony and reception was beautiful. I really don't know how Annie, Hector, and his family managed to take my family out sightseeing and still manage to keep up with the wedding preparations, but the evening was like a fairytale dream-come-true.

Annie and Hector don’t plan on coming home for Christmas (for obvious financial reasons), so I won’t see them for a long time. They want to come to Japan in April to visit me, so I am glad about that, but still…Christmas isn’t Christmas without Annie.

Sigh. I miss my family and Spain. Does anyone have a ticket they can spare?











1 comment:

M Plamondon said...

I'm so jealous! All those beautiful pictures of Spain! Your sister looks absolutely beautiful on her wedding day. You look great too! I love your dress! I can't believe you saw Calista Flockhart! We definitely have to get together and talk more about your trip and the wedding!