** First off I would like to apologize to those wonderful people who have been emailing me regularly but I haven't been replying back. I'm really sorry. I have letters and postcards in the works and I WILL get them done and sent off soon. I really appreciate all your emails and reading them makes me smile. I miss you guys.**
I had a disturbing dream the other night where my hair was gradually falling out in clumps while I was shampooing it. The texture was so real that my fingers are still tingling with the sensation of rough hair being jaggedly torn from my scalp. It was some sort of a chemical reaction to the shampoo at first, but as my dream progressed it became a sort of medical condition. The strange thing was I wasn't even panicking about it. I had thought it odd that my hair would be falling out and I remember staring at the clump of wet black hair in my palm as the water beat down on me in the shower. I calmly allowed my hair to dry and when it did I pulled it back to examine it and noticed that one side of my head had a large bald spot from where the hair fell out most. I showed it to my brother, who was very sad for me, but when I showed it to my mom and asked her about it she kept patting me on the shoulder and told me it was nothing to worry about. She was completely nonplussed. That's when I awoke and clutched my hair in fear. I went through the whole day just touching my hair to make sure it was all there.
The thing is, where the hell did this come from? I usually have vivid dreams and remember them quite well, but it seems that lately I have been too tired to remember any of my dreams. And then comes this one--out of the blue. I just kept thinking about it and finally searched for an analysis of it. Apparently dreaming about your hair falling out means that you feel as though you have no control over a situation.
I can't help but feel like this is true.
Today I lay on the bed after work and just stared at the ceiling. It didn't help. Neither did listening to Travis's The Man Who work either.
Tomorrow I am going to Nara.
No comments:
Post a Comment