Sunday, August 29, 2004

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Okay. I had a nice little nap and a hearty dinner and now I feel much, much better.

It's Sunday here in Japan, and although people were bustling about in the street opening up their little shops, I took it easy today. Today was just a nice, leisurely day filled with nothing but domestic chores (which surprisingly I don't mind doing!) and great visits with friends. My friend Heather came to visit me this weekend and it was just wonderful to catch up with her and to give her a little taste of what it's like to live here in Ueno. I had gone to see her in Seiwa as well this weekend and fell in love with her beautiful house and the rustic countryside (READ: mountains, lush green hills, and her neighbor has a rice paddy field!). I apologize for not having pictures of her gigantic mansion, but the next time I go see her I will take pictures for sure. While I was there I had an opportunity to go to a barbeque held by the residents of Seiwa, Taki, and Iinan. The food was awesome. I had a chance to try some of the famous Matsusaka beef and I tell ya, it was pure heaven. It was just a wonderful weekend and I am so glad I went to see my friend. Thanks Heather.

Well, I know some of you have been asking to see what my apartment looks like, so here are some pics. Enjoy--just don't mind the mess.


1 comment:

M Plamondon said...

Hey Elley! Great site. Your place looks great! Its huge! I'm so jealous! Love the couch. It totally looks awesome in your pad! See you put up your postures as well.

Can't wait to see you soon!
Take care! Don't work too hard...oh wait..... :-)