Leafing through a recent fashion magazine, I had the familiar pangs of envy when I came across Eva Mendes with a beautiful manicure. Her fingers were long and slender, the nails filed into rounded squares and topped with the sweetest shade of pinky beige. I immediately looked down at my hands with a rush of hope: I'm sure they can look like that too! But when I saw the familiar scene of dry skin, flaking cuticles, and the chapped spots of skin in between the fingers, my hope just died.My hands are just not made to handle a manicure--for long. Oh, I've had them before. You can slick on the prettiest shade of lavender and moisturize my hands until they're so soft they could compete with a baby's bottom, but eventually the nail polish will chip away within a day and my hands will lose all that moisture. I just can't get that manicure to stay for very long! I'm constantly washing my hands, and I'm sure that washing dishes doesn't help either. Add the harsh winter cold into the mix and I think you get the picture.
Don't get me wrong though, I moisturize my hands as much as I can, even bringing a small tub of Vaseline to work with me and applying it diligently. But my hands just can't seem to soak it in.
*Sigh*
Here's hoping 2010 will bring my hands lots of love and moisture :)
1 comment:
I'm in the same boat lady! Just wasn't made for this dry climate. Happy New year!
Post a Comment