Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Random, random, random

-It's the season of two to three showers a day now in Japan. Hot sun, sticky skin, and frizzy hair humidity. I walk down the street to the bank and I'm misted with sweat. Classy.

-Getting really excited as my best friend is coming to see me this July! I can't wait to show her around...plus, she's gonna bring me my beloved Lime Tostitos! Yum. :P

-Have finally acquired Pachelbel's Canon in D and can now envision more clearly my own wedding while choking back tears (not in a huge rush to get married, but like the typically crazed girly-girl that I am, I have the big day all planned out in my head.) Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm nuts.

-Finished my round of presentations on Cambodia as a part of the human rights unit at two of my schools with wonderful results. I hope I can get the same amount of support at the next school.

-Been feeling really tired lately and have begun to take hour long naps afterschool with the fan whirring gently and the window open. Waking up is getting harder to do...

-Went to Japanese class for the first time in a loooooong time tonight and am happy to have met some people from all over the world: Thailand, Peru, and Mongolia.

-Chocolate has become my best friend again. Damn chocolate con leche!

-Been learning "Five Words a Day" with words culled from my Japanese/English dictionary. Was pretty pleased when I recognized two of the words while talking to my students after only learning them earlier in the day. Bikkuri saseru! :)

-I Heart Uniqlo underwear sets. Damn comfy to wear to sleep in weather like this!

-Have been blessed with the sweetest DVD player ever from Tina and Shem, and have subsequently been a champion couch potato for the past few days. Let the rentals begin.

-Planning to go to Hong Kong next week, if all goes well! It will be a solo trip this time, as no one else can come with me. It'll be ok though, as long as I get to eat my favorite bbq duck on rice with soy sauce. Oh god, the thought of it is killing me...

And on that note, I'm going to go to bed. Let's hope that damn mosquito won't be around tonight. I woke up this morning with 3 bites on me--two on the arm and one on my thigh.

I'll get you yet.

No comments: