Sunday, May 08, 2005

Clinging onto that small, soft shoulder, she cried. With the both of them coming from a family where public displays of affection (or any displays of affection, for that matter) were rare, it suddenly didn't matter that they were surrounded by people. People running to catch their planes, people waiting to check their luggage, people waiting for their tickets, people saying goodbye.

Just like they were.

"I'm going to miss you."
"I know, me too."

It was strange, because although they knew they were both going to see one another again, it still felt as though they were being ripped apart from each other. The older they both got, the more and more they realized just how much they both needed each other. And this was one of those trips which they knew the bond between them would never be broken; only to become stronger and stronger with time.

With the minutes ticking away towards her boarding time, they both released one another. It was time for her to go. She headed towards the gate and when she turned back there was her sister's face, so sad but pretty, looking right at her.
A final wave, and then she was gone.
* * * * *
"Annie, let's go get ice cream today."
"Okay."

Spoiled, she had been spoiled. This time in Spain she melded and assimilated herself into her sister's day-to-day activities.

And she couldn't have asked for more.

It was fun to get dressed up together to go shopping, even if it was just for groceries for dinner that night. It was fun to be roaming aimlessly down the street together, heels wobbling into the cobbled sidewalks, while the sun shone hotly onto both of their shoulders, giving them sunburns. It was fun to ride the bus together, chatting about numerous things as the scenery of castles and rusty colored houses passed by. It was fun to sit on a bench, slowly savouring rich ice cream, the creaminess sliding down their tongues, while watching well-dressed mothers pushing their jolly babies in the stroller and elderly couples held hands, gingerly stepping around crowds of pigeons.

It was peaceful and slowpaced.
And it was fun.

Because they were together.
* * * * * *

Where will I be after this Japan chapter ends?
In Spain?
I don't know.

All I know is that I love my sister more than anything and that I miss her.

I love you, Annie.

No comments: